The Holy Prophet of Islam (sa), in his last days, ordered all members of Muslim community to adhere to his two precious legacies: Indeed, I am leaving among you two weighty things, that which if you hold fast to them, you shall never be misguided after me. One of them is greater than the other:
(First is) The Book of Allah, an extended rope from the sky to the earth, and (the second is) my family, the people of my house (Ahlulbayt); and these two shall not split until they meet me at the hawdh (the heavenly pond)*.
According to this will, the Holy Koran and the Infallible Household (the Ahlulbayt) are always parallel to each other. In other words, Infallible Imams are to be considered as a personified Koran andthe pivot of Islam, who shall lead worldly and spiritual affairs of religious people to perfection.
Taking Holy Imams as perfect role models, the followers of Ahlulbayt have always had the honor to defend Islam and divine religions, safeguard Muslims and oppressed people, and promulgate pure Islamic teachings and human values, sparing no effort in this regard throughout the history.
Suitable grounds for exchange of views and good potential for cooperation among the followers of Ahlulbayt as well as high demand for solving cultural and social problems of Islamic World at a global level, and finally essential need for taking the best advantage of great material and spiritual resources of Muslim nations necessitated the establishment of a leading organization to address all the tasks.
To fulfill this goal, the Ahlulbayt World Assembly was founded as an international NGO (Nongovernmental Organization) by a group of prominent followers of Ahlulbayt under the surveillance of WilayateFaqihas the supreme religious authority in order to accomplish the significant mission for introducing pure Mohammedan Islam, spreading the teachings of Ahlulbayt (as), strengthening solidarity among Muslim communities, and managing the affairs of followers of Ahlulbayt through education and providing necessary supports.
Speed of global developments, emergence of Information Technology (IT), and significant role of international organizations in today world have added to the importance of such an organization.
By the grace of Almighty Allah, the Ahlulbayt World Assembly has already accomplished outstanding tasks and sincerely stretched its hand of friendship, brotherhood, and cooperation towards the followers of all monotheistic and Abrahamic religions - especially Muslims and Shiites of Ahlulbayt - throughout the globe. The Assembly further invites international organizations and humanitarian centers to establish relations for joint collaboration in this way.
The present brochure is a brief introduction to the history, organizational structure, and activities of the Ahlulbayt World Assembly.
The AhlulBayt(a.s.) World Assembly’s aims and objectives include the following:
1. Restoration and promotion of pure Islamic teachings & culture as prescribed genuinely by the Holy Prophet of Islam (s.a.); also protecting and defending the Holy Quran and Sunnah (i.e. the way of life prescribed as normative in Islam, based on the teachings and practices of the magnificent Prophet of Islam and his Infallible Household (Ahlulbayt)]
2. Defending the principles of Islam and the sanctuary of the Holy Quran, the Holy Prophet, and his Infallible Household)
3. Creating and reinforcing solidarity among all members of the whole Islamic World, especially the followers of the Ahlulbayt
4. Defending the statusand rights of Muslims and followers of the Ahlulbayt (Shiites);
5. Development of spiritual and material infrastructures for followers of Ahlulbayt all over the world
6. Cooperation for development and promotion of cultural, economic, social, and political conditions and living standards of followers of the Ahlulbayt (a.s.) worldwide
7. Releasing followers of Ahlulbayt from their academic and economic deprivation, and defending the oppressed Shiah Muslims against the propagandistic attacks of western media
8. Making efforts to create peace, friendship, cooperation, and sympathy among all nations and human beings