- a) General Assembly
General Assembly consists of intellectuals, scholars, and thinkers of Shiite world from different countries.
Members of General Assembly are in continuous contact with the Ahlulbayt World Assembly and General Assembly sessions shall be held once in every four years in order to exchange views on how to adopt suitable policies and discuss about the existing opportunities, challenges, and the solutions.
- b) Supreme Council
The Ahlulbayt World Assembly’s Supreme Council is comprised of a number of high-ranking members of the General Assembly who have responsibility for adopting major policies, putting forward projects, deciding on the budget, and monitoring administrative departments.
- c) Secretary General
Secretary General is the highest executive authority of the Ahlulbayt World Assembly, whom shall be selected by the Supreme Council. Secretary General is actually the person who administers the organization and implements the approved projects and policies by the Supreme Council.
Four Secretary Generals have held the office so far, all of whom from among well-known and bright figures of the Islamic world:
- Ayatollah Mohammad-Ali Taskhiri (April 1990 – August 1999)
- Dr. Ali-Akbar Velayati (August 1999 – October 2002)
- The late Ayatollah Mohammad-Mahdi Asefi (r.a.) (October 2002 – March 2004)
- Ayatollah Mohammad-Hasan Akhtari (March 2004 – up to the present time)
- d) Administrative Departments:
Administrative Departments of the Ahlulbayt World Assembly include the following:
- Department of Executive Affairs
- Department ofEconomic Affairs
- Department ofInternational Affairs
- Department of Parliamentary and Legal Affairs
- Department ofCultural Affairs
- Secretary General’s Head Office.
The abovementioned departments undertake the following jobs:
- To maintain relations with and providing support for the members of General Assembly, local branch offices in different countries, and other individuals or organizations of the Islamic World
- To prepare and publish Islamic books, magazines, software, and cultural products in different languages
- To hold/organize international, regional, national, and interfaith seminars and conferences
- To launch and support Islamic websites
- To conduct economic and charity projects for helping the followers of Ahlulbayt
- To sign contracts for cooperation with other Islamic & Shiite organizations and institutions
- To encourage the followers of Ahlulbayt to form religious associations and cultural centers
- To sponsor religious activists and Muballeghin (Shiah preachers) worldwide
- To broadcast authentic news & effective information in order to confront the news blockade imposed by the arrogant powers
- To support mosques, schools, Islamic centers and Hussainiyyas, libraries, health centers, and charitable institutions
- To help the poor and underprivileged people as well as victims of natural disasters and terrorist acts
- To sponsor academic growth and higher education of the followers of Ahlulbayt (a.s.).