Organized by the AhlulBayt (a.s.) World Assembly and with the cooperation of similar academic and cultural institutions, the “International Conference of Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.); Supporter of the Great Prophet (p.b.u.h)”, will be held in March 2021.
Among the academic activities of the conference have been “revival, research, correction and translation of magnificent academic works about the literary heritage of Abu Talib (a.s.)” and also “publication of a series of treatises on the position of Abu Talib (a.s.) from the perspective of the Holy Prophet (p.b.u.h) from Shiite and Sunni sources”. Due to the approaching days of the conference, these works will be introduced.
After introducing the Description of Lamie ode by Sardar Kaboli in Part 1, now in the Part 2 of this collection, we introduce the 2nd work which has been published for the conference.
2. Translation of Lamie by Hazrat Abu Talib peace be upon him
* Name: Translation of the Lamie of Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.)
* Language: Persian (with Arabic verses)
* Translators: Mohsen Ahmadi Tehrani-Abdullah Mowahhedi Arani
* Supervision: Muhammad Mahdi Sabahi Kashani
* Publisher: Hazrat Aboutaleb Research and Publishing Institute
* First edition: 1440 AH, 1398 SH, 2019 AD.
* ISBN: 978-622-95539-4-7
* Pages: 82
- Introduction (including comments by scholars on Abu Talib that he was a poet and on his Lamie ode, the reason that he wrote this ode, reputation of the ode, the number of the verses, introduction of the descriptions and translations of the Lamie ode, and the acknowledgement)
- Lamie poem and its Persian translation
Also, there is a list of publications of the Hazrat Aboutaleb (a.s.) Research and Publishing Institute at the end of this book,
Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.) was one of great Arab poets before and in early days of Islam. From 3000 verses which according to “Ibn Shahr Ashub” (1096- 1192) he wrote which notify his faith, approximately 1000 verses remained and more than 90 percent of this amount, relate to Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) and Islamic events, including invitation of his tribe to Islam, and inviting the king of Abyssinia (Ethiopia) to Islam or deploring the enemies and saboteurs in the way of promoting the religion of Islam.
“Lamie Ode” is his the greatest and most powerful ode which was in praise of the Holy Prophet (p.b.u.h) and was narrated by Shiite and Sunni scholars. This ode is one of the masterpieces of literature and as Ibn Kathir (1301- 1373) said, “Lamie ode is so eloquent and charming that no one other than its poet can write it”.
Previously, the Lamie ode has been described by Shiite and Sunni figures or translated into various languages; but the book “Translation of the Lamie of Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.)” is the only translation of the most complete version of the Lamie ode, because for the first time the ode with 133 verses has been collected and translated in this book.
It should be mentioned that previously the Lamie ode has been collected or narrated as follows:
- Al-Bedaya wa al-Nahaya wa Sira al-Nabawiay, two works by Ibn Kathir (1301- 1373): 83 verses
- Sira al-Nabawiay, by Ibn Hisham: 94 verses
- Book of poems of Abu Talib, collected by Abd al-Haq al-Aani: 96 verses
- Al-Manaqeb wa al-Mathaleb by Qazi No’man al-Maqrebi: 107 verses
- Book of poems of Abu Talib, collected by Dr. Muhammad al-Tunji: 110 verses
- Book of poems of Abu Talib, collected by Abu Haffan al-Basri: 111 verses
- Nasekh al-Tawarikh, by Muhammad Taqi Lisan al-Mulk Sepehr: 112 verses
- Book of poems of Abu Talib, collected by Ali ibn Hamze Tamimi, 115 verses
- Al-Sahih min Sira al-Nabbi al A’zam (S), by Sayed Ja’far Murteza al-Ameli: 118 verses
- Al-Durrah al-Gharra fi She’r Sheikh al-Batha, collected, researched and described by Baqer Qorbani Zarrin: 120 verses
- Abu Talib Sha’er al-Rassul al-A’zam, by Muhammad Mahdi Sabahi Kashani: 133
Hazrat Aboutaleb Research and Publishing Cultural Institute which is one of the cooperators of the International Conference “Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.), the Supporter of the Great Prophet (p.b.u.h)” has translated the 133-verses copy (based on book Abu Talib Sha’er al-Rassul al-A’zam) and published the book. Gentlemen Muhammad Ahmadi Tehrani and Abdullah Muwahhedi Muheb Arani, the translators of the book, are professors of Islamic Seminary in Qom.
The book is also the 4th work from the collection of works by the mentioned institute which published under title “the position of the prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) in the eyes of Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.)”.
It should be mentioned that by the initiation of the AhlulBayt (a.s.) World Assembly, and support and cooperation of the similar institutions, including, “Imam Hossein (a.s.) Holy Shrine”, “Hazrat Aboutaleb Research and Publishing Institute”, “The World Forum for Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought”, “Islamic Sciences and Culture Academy of Islamic Propagation Office”, “Al-Mustafa International University”, “Hawza Language teaching center”, “International University of AhlulBayt (a.s.)”, “Mirath-e Nabowat Cultural Institute”, “Jamiat al-Zahra Seminary University”, “Zorria al-Nabawia Research Center”, “Qasem ibn al-Hassan (a.s.) Religious-Cultural Institute”, and “Abna al-Rasoul Cultural and Artistic Institute”; international conference “Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.), Supporter of the Great Prophet (p.b.u.h)” will be held on Rajab 25, 26 and 27, 1442 (March 9, 10 and 11, 2021) on the anniversary of the death of Abu Talib (a.s.).
The deadline for submitting academic works and articles to this conference has been extended until February 18, 2021.
To receive the academic call of the conference, click here.
The other program which will be held on the sideline of the conference is the “General Festival of Poetry about Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.)”.
To receive the academic call for the Poetry Festival, click here.