On Friday, March 11, 2022, the 190th general assembly of the Supreme Council of the AhlulBayt (a.s.) World Assembly was held in three shifts of morning, afternoon, and evening, with the presence of a majority of members in Mashhad, the spiritual capital of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
At the end of the meeting, the Supreme Council of the AhlulBayt (a.s.) World Assembly issued a statement regarding the various events in the Shiite world.
The statement is as follows:
In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful
By the grace of God, the 190th general assembly of the Supreme Council of the AhlulBayt (a.s.) World Assembly was held for one day, in the blessed light of Imam Ali ibn Musa al-Reza (a.s.) with the presence of the majority of members.
On three shifts of this one-day meeting, a report on the Assembly’s change approach was presented by the esteemed Secretary-General, and the members of the Council appreciated him and expressed their views. Also, various issues related to the Islamic world, the Shiites of the world and the challenges facing them were discussed.
At the end of the meeting, the members of the Supreme Council of the AhlulBayt (a.s.) World Assembly draw everyone’s attention to the following points:
1. In recent years, the Shiite discourse, centered on the AhlulBayt (a.s.) school, has been considered by the public opinion of world as the saving discourse for humanity. “Human dignity”, “lasting justice”, “peaceful coexistence of followers of religions and denominations”, “spirituality”, “rationality"” and “resistance” are the highlights of the Shiite discourse.
2. It is very clear that the “Principle of Mahdaviat” is also one of the principles of this discourse. The fascination of Awaiting for the Savior in the culture of the AhlulBayt (a.s.) is exactly the opposite of the view of modernity, which does not tolerate any end to human history that does not fit within the framework of a liberal system, and describes it as horrible and sad! But in the Shiite discourse and the school of Awaiting, the future of history is full of light and hope that meets all the innate needs of man.
Accordingly, on the eve of the 15th of Sha’ban and the birth anniversary of Imam Mahdi (a.s.), we must prepare ourselves to help the Reappearance of the Savior through self and society purification. Because rationality, divine spirituality, justice, security, civilization, and prosperity will be fully manifested only in that time.
3. The followers of AhlulBayt (a.s.) in different countries of the world, according to this saving discourse, are expected to take the necessary measures and sensitivities towards cultural issues – especially for women, youth, and adolescents. Because culture is like a spring from which different areas of human society – such as politics, economics, science, and technology – are irrigated, and if this spring dries up, other areas will face major challenges.
4. Regarding important regional issues, the positions of the Supreme Council of the Assembly are announced as follows:
i. Yemen has become one of the most important problems in the world. The AhlulBayt (a.s.) World Assembly, as in all these last six years, denounces the cowardly attack on the oppressed people of Yemen and the continuation of these attacks, and calls for an immediate end to this inhuman attack.
ii. In the case of Iraq, the Assembly calls for the unity and solidarity of Shiite groups, as well as their integration with all Iraqi groups – including the Sunni and Kurdish brothers, as well as non-Muslims – to form a government and work to develop the country.
iii. The continuation of terrorist attacks against the innocent Shiite citizens of Pakistan and Afghanistan – including in mosques, husseiniyahs and Friday prayers – is strongly condemned, and is incompatible with any logic, intellect, nature, and human conscience. We call on the governments of Afghanistan and Pakistan to take necessary measures to protect places of worship, and the places for gathering and worship of Shiites, as well as all Muslims.
iv. Regarding the crisis in Ukraine, we oppose any war, bloodshed, harm to the innocent, displacement of the people and destruction of the infrastructure of the nations. We also trace the origins of this war to the crises made by the American Mafia regime and condemn the evil plans of NATO to expand eastward. We call on the governments of Russia and Ukraine to resolve this crisis through dialogue and peaceful means.
5. Given the approaching holy month of Ramadan, and at a time when the world is still plagued by the Covid-19 pandemic, we call on the followers of the AhlulBayt (a.s.), as in previous years, to take the lead in helping the poor and deprived.
In the end, we honor the memory of the late Ayatollah Mujtahed Shabestari, and the late Ayatollah Takhiri – two members of the Supreme Council who were present during the last general assembly.
From God Almighty, we pray for exalted degrees and divine heaven for those two servants of the AhlulBayt (a.s.) school, the other deceased members of the assembly, the martyr commanders Haj Qasim Soleimani and Abu Mahdi Al-Mohandes, as well as the two recent shrine defenders martyred in Syria, as well as the Imam of the martyrs, the Imam Khomeini (r.a.).
Praise be to the Lord of the worlds
Supreme Council of the AhlulBayt (a.s.) World Assembly
Holy city of Mashhad
Sha’ban 8, 1443
March 11, 2022
It should be noted that the meeting was attended by Ayatollah Mohammad Hassan Akhtari, Ayatollah Dorri-Najafabadi, Hojat al-Islam Sayed Abolhassan Nawab, Ayatollah Reza Ramazani, Dr. Ali Akbar Velayati, Hojat al-Islam Mohsen Qomi, Hojat al-Islam Hadavi Tehrani, Ayatollah Sayed Ahmad Khatami, Ayatollah Mohammadi Iraqi, Hojat al-Islam Mohammad Mahdi Imanipur, Hojat al-Islam Hamid Shahriari, Hojat al-Islam Ali Abbasi (from Iran), Hojat al-Islam Morteza Morteza Al-Ameli (from Africa), Nabil Al-Halbavi (from Syria), Hojat al-Islam Hossein Al-Ma’tuq (from Kuwait), Hojat al-Islam Sayed Ammar Al-Hakim (from Iraq), Moin Daqiq (from Lebanon) and Nader Jaafar (from India) as well as the deputies of the Assembly.