After three years of academic, literary, promotional and cultural activities, the “International Conference of Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.); Supporter of the Great Prophet (p.b.u.h)” will be held in March 2021 by the AhlulBayt (a.s.) World Assembly with the cooperation of similar institutions.
Among the academic activities of the conference have been “revival, research, correction and translation of magnificent academic works about the literary heritage of Abu Talib (a.s.)” and also “publication of a series of booklets on the position of Abu Talib (a.s.) from the perspective of the Holy Prophet (p.b.u.h) from Shiite and Sunni sources”. Due to the approaching days of the conference, these works will be introduced.
After introducing the Description of Lamie ode by Sardar Kaboli in Part 1, and Translation of Lamie Ode of Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.) in Part 2, now we introduce the 3rd work which has been published for the conference.
3. Zahrat al-Adeba Fi Sharh Lamie Sheikh al-Bat’ha
* Full name: Zahrat al-Adeba Fi Sharh Lamie Sheikh al-Bat’ha Abi Talib bin Abdulmutallab bin Hashem
(Blossom of the Literates on the description of Lamie ode by Abu Talib son of Abd al-Muttalib son of Hashem)
* Language: Arabic
* By: Allameh Sheikh Ja’far Naqdi Ammari (died 1370 AH)
* Research by: Mohammad Mahdi Sabahi Kashani
* Publisher: Hazrat Aboutaleb Research and Publishing Institute
* First edition: 1440 AH, 1398 SH, 2019 AD
* ISBN: 978-622-95539-0-9
* Pages: 314
- Chapter 1
Author’s biography, Imam Ali (a.s.) and Abu Talib’s Poem, Lamie Ode, Interpretations and Translations, the trusted version in this research, Acknowledgements.
- Chapter 2
Author’s Introduction, Hazrat Abu Talib’s biography, reasons of writing the Lamie Ode
- Chapter 3
Lamie Ode and interpretation
- Chapter 4
AhlulBayt’s belief on Abu Talib’s Faith, Dhahdhah Hadith and investigating on its narrator “Muqayra bin Sho’ba”, “Ordubadi” ode in praise of Abu Talib, Abu Talib and his services to Islam in the ode of “Sheikh al-Hawizi al-Najafi”, Abu Talib and fulfilling the prayer of the author, Mask al-Khetam
Index of Quranic Verses, Hadith Index Hadith, Index of Books & Booklets, Name Index, Index of Tribes & Nations, Index of Places & Countries, Index of Date & Time, Index of Rhymes, Index of Poets and owner of Poem Books, Lexical Index, Proverb Index, Index of Sources and References, Table of ode verses in other descriptions, Types of poetic verses in this description, Subject Index.
At the end of the book, there is also a list of publications of “Hazrat Aboutaleb Research and Publishing Institute”.
Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.) was one of great Arab poets before and in early days of Islam. From 3000 verses he wrote, approximately 1000 verses remained and more than 90 percent of this amount, relate to Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) and Islamic events, including invitation of his tribe to Islam, and appreciating the king of Abyssinia (Ethiopia) who sheltered the Muslims and defended them against Meccan Mushrekin delegation, deploring the enemies and saboteurs in the way of promoting the religion of Islam and etc.
“Lamie Ode” is his the greatest and most powerful ode which was in praise of the Holy Prophet (p.b.u.h) and was narrated by Shiite and Sunni scholars. This ode is one of the masterpieces of literature and as Ibn Kathir (1301- 1373) said, “Lamie ode is so eloquent and charming that no one other than its poet can write it”.
Throughout history, the Lamia ode has been interpreted by Shiite and Sunni figures; Including “Ali Fahmi Busanai”, “Allameh Sheikh Jafar Naqdi Ammari” and “Allameh Sardar Kaboli”.
The book mentioned above is a research and description called “Zahrat al-Adeba Fi Sharh Lamie Sheikh al-Bat’ha Abi Talib bin Abdulmutallab bin Hashem” (Blossom of the Literates on the description of Lamie ode by Abu Talib son of Abd al-Muttalib son of Hashem) by Allameh Sheikh Ja’far Naqdi Ammari (died 1370 AH) who directly discussed this ode and explained its verses and historical events.
“Hazrat Aboutaleb Research and Publishing Cultural Institute” which is one of the cooperators of the International Conference “Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.), the Supporter of the Great Prophet (p.b.u.h)” has revived, corrected and published this book.
Adding Imam Ali’s (a.s.) point of view about the poem of his father Hazrat Abu Talib, biography of the author, introduction of other descriptions on this ode, and also numerous indexes at the end of the book, are some of the actions taken in the version which is prepared for the “International Conference of Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.); Supporter of the Great Prophet (p.b.u.h)”, by the director of the institute, Hojat al-Islam “Sabahi Kashani”.
Features of the book “Zahrat al-Adeba Fi Sharh Lamie Sheikh al-Bat’ha Abi Talib bin Abdulmutallab bin Hashem” (Blossom of the Literates on the description of Lamie ode by Abu Talib son of Abd al-Muttalib son of Hashem):
1. “Zahrat al-Adeba” is the first description on Lamie Ode by a Shiite scholar;
2. To the date of compiling, the verses mentioned in this description were considered to be the most comprehensive narration of the Lamia ode that had been described; and its compiler and narrator, the sage scholar “Mohammad Taqi Khan Sepehr” known as “Lesan Al-Molk” was a writer from the Qajar era, who collected this ode with 112 verses and quoted it in his book “Nasekh al-Tawarikh”;
3. “Zahrat al-Adeba” is a brief and somewhat reasoned description;
4. The commentator categorized the ode to 28 categories based on its subjects and described each.
5. One of the subjects is related to verses 12 to 28 in which Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.) mentioned the common sanctities respected by the society of that time for the Mushrekin and swears to them and implicitly - even explicitly - he emphasizes his steadfastness in defending his nephew’s religion and his legitimacy.
6. Under another subject, he refers to the personal traits and temperament of the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) and emphasizes that his virtues are unique and no one is like him.
It should be mentioned that by the initiation of the AhlulBayt (a.s.) World Assembly, and support and cooperation of the similar institutions, including, “Imam Hossein (a.s.) Holy Shrine”, “Hazrat Aboutaleb Research and Publishing Institute”, “The World Forum for Proximity of Islamic Schools of Thought”, “Islamic Sciences and Culture Academy of Islamic Propagation Office”, “Al-Mustafa International University”, “Hawza Language teaching center”, “International University of AhlulBayt (a.s.)”, “Mirath-e Nabowat Cultural Institute”, “Jamiat al-Zahra Seminary University”, “Zorria al-Nabawia Research Center”, “Qasem ibn al-Hassan (a.s.) Religious-Cultural Institute”, and “Abna al-Rasoul Cultural and Artistic Institute”; international conference “Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.), Supporter of the Great Prophet (p.b.u.h)” will be held on Rajab 25, 26 and 27, 1442 (March 9, 10 and 11, 2021) on the anniversary of the death of Abu Talib (a.s.).
The deadline for submitting academic works and articles to this conference has been extended until February 18, 2021.
To receive the academic call of the conference, click here.
The other program which will be held on the sideline of the conference is the “General Festival of Poetry about Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.)”.
To receive the academic call for the Poetry Festival, click here.