Call for “General Festival of Poetry about Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.)”
With the aim of honoring the personality of the Believer of the Quraysh, the Supporter of the Holy Prophet (p.b.u.h), and the father of Imam Ali (a.s.), Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.), and also with the aim of promoting Islamic, Shiite and Iranian culture and art, and introducing and supporting pure literary talents and ritual poets, “General Festival of Poetry about Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.)” will be held by the initiation of the AhlulBayt (a.s.) World Assembly, and support of the similar institutions. The festival, which will be held in Arabic and Persian sections, is one of the side programs of the “International Conference of Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.), Supporter of the Great Prophet (p.b.u.h)”.
- AhlulBayt (a.s.) World Assembly
- Hawza Language teaching center,
- Abu Talib (a.s.) Research and Publishing Institute,
- Qasem ibn al-Hassan (a.s.) Religious Cultural Institute,
- Abna al-Rasoul Cultural and Artistic Institute,
- Nour al-Thaqalayn Arabic Poetry Congress in Khuzestan,
- AhlulBayt (a.s.) News Agency-ABNA.
- Honoring the personality of the Believer of the Quraysh, the supporter of the Holy Prophet (p.b.u.h), and the father of Imam Ali (a.s.), Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.),
- Promoting Islamic, Shiite and Iranian culture and art,
- Introducing and supporting pure literary talents and ritual poets.
* Festival Subjects:
- Life of Hazrat Abu Talib ibn Abd al-Mutallib
- Abu Talib (a.s.) the supporter of the Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h)
- Abu Talib (a.s.) the father of Imam Ali (a.s.)
- Poetry and literature of Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.)
- Embracing the “Lamie” of Abu Talib (a.s.)
* Festival sections
1. Arabic Poetry Section
2. Persian Poetry Section
* Poetic forms
- All classical forms, (including Ghazal, Mathnawi, Roba’i and etc.) and Innovative poem (Sepid, for Kids and teenagers, Hajm)
1. Each poet can send a maximum of 5 works in each section to the Congress,
2. The works must be typed, and sent in “attachment” section of the festival website, along with the registration form and the image of ID card (for Iranian participants) or the first page image of the passport (for non-Iranian participants),
3. The Secretariat recognizes the sender of the form as the owner of the work and, if proven otherwise, removes the said work from the competition.
4. All participants will be awarded a certificate of participation in the Congress,
5. Selected poems will be published in the book of poems “International Conference of Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s.), Supporter of the Great Prophet (p.b.u.h)” and the winners will be honored with precious prizes in this conference.
6. The Secretariat of the Congress reserves the right to use the works of the participant in any way.
7. Submission of the work constitutes acceptance of the rules of the contest.
1. Submission deadline:
The maximum deadline for submitting works to the Secretariat of Congress is March 20, 2021.
2. How to submit the works:
Participants must submit their forms and works electronically.
Contact the Festival Secretariat:
- Secretariat for Arabic Poetry Section
Hawza Language Teaching Center, Shahid Saduqi Seminary, Saduqi Blvd., Qom, Iran
- Secretariat for Persian Poetry Section
Hazrat Qasem ibn al-Hassan Jame Mosque, Shahid Mahallati Square, Tehran, Iran