The Final Statement of the 6th General Assembly Meeting of the AhlulBayt ('a) World Assembly:
In the Name of Allah, the compassionate, the Merciful
الحمد لله رب العالمین و الصلاه و السلام علی سیدنا و نبینا محمد و علی اهل بیت الطیبین الطاهرین لا سیما بقیه الله فی الارضين
We are grateful to the Almighty for holding the Sixth Conference of Ahl al-Bayt ('a) and Imam Sajjad congress in the best way. More than five hundred guests from one hundred and thirty countries participated in four day-conference in Tehran (15-18 Aug) simultaneously with the beginning of ten-day ceremonies honoring human dignity.
This august and great conference began its work in Iran by paying its respect to late leader Imam Khomeini and then all participants went to visit Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to be inspired by his wise guidance and to renew their allegiance with him.
At the conclusion of the Sixth General Assembly of the Ahl al-Bayt ('a), the members issued the following final statement after consultations on subjects facing the Islamic world. While supporting all Islamic nations and emphasizing on unity and solidarity of the Islamic world, the final statement underlines the following points by focusing on three main areas.
A. Affairs which relate to followers of AhlulBayt('a)
1. Unity of Shiites should be the most important and cardinal issue for followers of Ahl al-Bayt ('a). Radicalism in Shiite should be prevented and we must not allow deviant currents attributed to Shiism to find a place among Shiites. We must use all our resources and capacity to prevent penetration by the enemy among the united ranks of Ahl al-Bayt ('a).
2. Mosques as the primary place for propagation of Islam, culture and teachings of Ahl al-Bayt ('a) need to be restored. Attention to mosques as the most important religious institution and holding of Friday and congregational prayers and revival of Quran, Nabavi sunna and Nahj al-Balaghah and teachings of Ahl al-Bayt ('a) should be the focus of primary efforts of followers of Ahl al-Bayt ('a).
3. The unique role of Velayateh Faghih and Leader that with the revolution of Imam Khomeini began and continued with the resistance and perseverance of the Eminent Leader. The strength and power of Shiites today is the result of the perseverance and the direction given to us by the Eminent Leader.
4 . Hauzas that are the most important centers for protection of Islam and its precious teachings must be expanded and strengthened more than ever through the world. Ullema and religious scholars should be respected by followers of Ahl al-Bayt. Obeying marjaiatI and the clergies should be regarded as the primary and undeniable obligation of all.
.5 We thank the great people of Iraq and its leaders for obeying the great Marjaa of Shiites, Grand Ayatollah Sistani and their valiant defense and sacrifices. People of Iraq have been known for their bravery and generosity in the history.
6 . Universities and academic centers should receive special attention as the center for production of science and knowledge and education of cultural and administrative cadres. Followers of Ahl al-Bayt should not ignore these important centers and should try to their further secularization and set the Islamization model as their primary focus.
7. Strengthening the culture of Gahdir, Ashura, Arbaeen and Mahdaviat, as the primary pillars of Ahl al-Bayt ('a) values and teachings need to receive our greater. Now that with the grace of Allah, with the downfall of the tyrant of Iraq people of Iraq are holding Arbaeen has turned into the secret of power of followers of Ahl al-Bayt ('a), we must employ all our effort to further strengthen
8 . Sahifa Sajadiyeh, as psalms of Prophet Muhammad, (P.B.U.H) should be reread by paying deeper attention to its true and lofty content. The importance of prayer as the primary connecting link with the Creator need to be emphasized by the followers of Ahl al-Bayt ('a).
9 . Sending propagators and employing those who are well-versed in language, culture and traditions of other nations is of utmost importance. While recommending the use of this effective method, we draw the attention of all to using modern tools in virtual and cyber environment, establishing centers for dissemination of information and launching radio-television networks for the purpose of countering cultural invasion.
10. The institution of family as the most important center for upbringing of new generation and women as the founding pillar for intellectual development of children should receive our greater attention. As late Imam Khomeini said, "men ascend to heavens from the lap of women". To protect the sanctity of family against cultural invasion, we need to redouble our efforts.
.11 For the purpose of improving the cultural, political, social and economic position of followers of Ahl al-Bayt ('a) , we ned to employ all our resources and tools available to us. This purpose can be achieved by creating legal, political and social institutions for Ahl al-Bayt ('a) that can defend their rights, their sanctity and identity in the world, particularly at international bodies.
12. Generation of employment, financial and economic empowerment and improving the livelihood of Shiites and establishing gharz al hassanehh (interest-free loans) , vocational and technical centers and alleviation of poverty from the families of Shiite orphans and the poor, and establishing charity funds should receive the attention of the wealthier members of our Shiite communities. Resorting to the way of life of Amir al-Moamenin can be helpful.
B. Islamic World
13. Participants in the Conference expressed their concern over the growing extremism and violence in the world, particularly in Iraq Syria and Lebanon, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen. While condemning the atrocities and crimes committed by takfiris, they emphasized on maintaining moderation and rationality in the world and recommended use of all deterrent . We call on all governments to protect the rights and religious freedoms of Muslims and followers of Ahl al-Bayt ('a).
14. While defending Islamic and heroic resistance of oppressed Palestinian, Syrian, Iraq, Lebanon, Yemen and Bahraini nations, we declare our support for these defenders of human dignity, morality and freedom.
15. Unity of Islamic ummah, which is supported by Quran, Nabavi Sunna, and traditions of our Imams and the precious legacy of Imam of Ummah, and further emphasized by the Supreme Leader, should receive our attention as the most important Islamic principle.
16. Standing against global arrogance and seeking justice and fighting oppression, as the precious legacy of Islam and Ahl al-Bayt ('a), should receive our attention.
17. We extend our hands of friendship to all Muslims and Islamic nations of the world, warn against all kinds of sectarian and secessionist movements and emphasize on the importance of territorial integrity of Islamic nations.
C. International Community
18. The message of the Supreme Leader to the youth and students of Europe and Americas, as the roadmap and eternal code of conduct for relations with followers of other religions and instructions for countering propaganda waged by the arrogant powers and domination by foreign media and rejection of Islamophobia and aggrandizing of the power of the West.
19. We emphasize on the need to expand rationality, logic and moderation and rejection of all forms of violence and extremism, and reiterate our desire to cooperate with the international community and followers of other religions.
In closing, while commemorating the memory of the late Imam Khomeini and the precious martyrs of the Islamic World, praying for blessings for all departed members of World Assembly Ahl al-Bayt ('a) and those who have passed away, especially the former Secretary-General of Ahl al-Bayt ('a), great Allameh late Ayatollah Assefi.
Vassalom va Alleikom va Ramatollah va Barakato
Members of the General Assembly of the AhlulBayt ('a) World Assembly